There is a popular saying that goes, “The eyes are the window to the soul.” We’re not sure if there is any truth to it, but one thing we can say about the eyes is that they certainly look unattractive when there are dark circles under them. The fact that you have found this page tells us that you want your eyes to look bright and fresh. You are in luck! You can get dark eye circles removal at Harmony Aesthetics! Scroll down to learn more about this condition and the aesthetic treatments available in their clinic.
What are dark eye circles?
That discoloration under your lower eyelid that may be black, bluish, or dark brown in color is a dark eye circle. They can make your under eye look hollow or bulging. There are numerous reasons why dark eye circles happen, such as:
- Allergic reactions
- Hormonal changes
- Insomnia or poor sleeping practice
- Loss of fat tissues under the eyes
- Medical conditions
- Sun exposure
Anyone at any age can develop dark circles under their eyes. However, some people are more at risk of getting them including:
- Adults that are advanced in age
- Family history of having this condition
- Individuals who have dark skin tones
How do I know what type of dark eye circle I have?
You should consult with a doctor to know what type of dark eye circle you have. An accurate diagnosis will also help in creating the right treatment plan for your dark eye circle removal. On the day of your consultation, you may expect the following:
- Your doctor may ask about your health and family medical history
- Your doctor may ask about your lifestyle, activities, and habits
- Your doctor may examine your eyes using a dermatoscopy tool
- Your doctor may look for medical conditions that could be the underlying cause of your dark eye circles
- Your doctor may request you to undergo blood tests to check hormone levels, blood chemistry, and blood cell count
Once your doctor has assessed your condition, the type of dark eye circle can be determined. It may be any of the following:
|Type of Dark Eye Circle||Symptoms|
|Melanin deposition||• Light to dark brown under eye discoloration|
|Periorbital oedema||• Mild to severe swelling under the eyes
• Redness around the under eye
|Sunken eyes||• Dark shadow under the eyes
• Hollowing under the eyes
• Thinning skin under the eyes
|Superficial vasculature||• Reddish or bluish veins that are visible under the eyes|
How are dark eye circles treated?
There are many ways to treat dark eye circles. You may opt to try remedies that can be applied at home or visit an aesthetic clinic that offers various procedures for dark eye circles removal like Harmony Aesthetics Clinic in Singapore.
Home remedies for dark under eye circles
There are dark under eye circle treatments that are inexpensive and can easily be done at the comfort of your home.
- Cold compress – The appearance of dark circles can be reduced by applying cold compress over the eyes. To do this, you may use an ice bag or a chilled spoon. Do not put ice directly against your under eye area as this can burn the skin.
- Concealers – Makeup concealers are great for camouflaging those unflattering dark eye rings. Be sure to choose a product that is suitable for your skin as some cosmetics may have ingredients that can trigger allergies, which can further aggravate the discoloration under your eyes.
- Cucumber slices – Cucumbers contain vitamin C and water which helps moisturize and soothe tired eyes.
- Nourishing skincare products – Use facial creams, serums, and other products for the under eye that are rich with antioxidants like vitamin C and E.
- Quality sleep – Not getting the required seven to nine hours of sleep each night is the most common reason why people develop dark circles. You may need to improve your sleeping habits if you are lack sleep every night. Melatonin supplements can help with your sleeping problems.
Do note that these home remedies are not backed up with scientific proofs when it comes to their effectiveness. These treatments are also not quick cures that can give you long lasting results.
Aesthetic and medical treatments for dark under eye circles
There are different treatment options for dark eye circles removal in Singapore. Harmony Aesthetics offer the following in their clinic:
- Laser treatments
- Medical skincare
- Oral supplements
Filler injections work really well in improving the appearance of the skin under the eyes. These injectables are made up of substances that stimulate collagen production. Collagen is a natural element of the body that helps boost skin elasticity. If you have sunken under eyes, filler injections can improve volume loss under the eyes.
Lasers are powerful tools that are being used in the aesthetic filed for various procedures. To deal with dark eye circles, lasers emit light beams that are supercharged with energy. These light beams are released in pulses and proceed to breakdown pigmentation into tiny pieces, making the surface of the skin appear lighter. Examples of lasers that are used for dark eye removals are:
- Clarity II
- Dual Yellow
- Spectra XT
Medical skincare are products that can be customized according to a patient’s needs. Skincare for dark eye circle removal are packed with ingredients that encourage collagen production and skin whitening. Likewise, these products have SPF properties that protect the under eye area from the harsh rays of the sun.
Glutathione is an antioxidant that is composed of several amino acids: cysteine, glycine, and glutamic acid. This supplement aids in the repairing and building of tissues in the body. As a natural detoxifier, glutathione gets rid of signs of aging and helps eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
If you are tired of looking tired and hearing from people that you look tired, then maybe it’s time that you consider getting your dark eye circles removed. There are aesthetic and medical treatments available that can be quickly done over your lunch break and will not need downtime after. To know more about these procedures, contact Harmony Aesthetics Clinic.
Harmony Aesthetics Clinic
101 Irrawaddy Road, #09—01
Royal Square Medical Centre
Phone: 6970 5418
Whatsapp: 8822 3089