Many people talk about having a procedure done. It is common for us to obsess about some physical feature that we are uncomfortable with. But having surgery done should not be lightly considered. A procedure will make permanent changes to your appearance that you may one day regret. Also, all surgeries come with health risks, as it is impossible to know how your body will react to the anesthesia. Another thing to consider is your age and the condition of your health. Not everyone is a good candidate for plastic surgery. Here are some things to consider if you are serious about making a change.
- How Old Are You: How long had it been since you stopped growing? Our bodies change the most in the first twenty years, but they continue to change forever. If you are still quite young you might consider waiting a while to see what changes are still ahead.
- Why Do You Want Surgery: If you are looking to make a change that will make your life easier, like fixing a breathing problem, or getting a breast reduction; surgery makes good medical sense. But if your decision is based entirely on aesthetics, you should first seek some other opinions. You might be suffering from some form of body dysmorphia. The problem might only be your perception.
- What Type of Surgery Do You Want? There are many types of surgery available these days. There is open nose surgery (known as เสริมจมูกแบบเปิด in Thai) or Rhinoplasty. There are breast reductions and augmentation. Liposuction, Tummy tucks, blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery, Dermabrasions, hair transplants and lip enhancement. And there are many more choices as well.
- Do You Need Surgery? A lot of the things that people have surgically altered could be accomplished naturally through diet and exercise. Most doctors will recommend that you should first, try to make some changes on your own by altering your lifestyle.
- Do You Know What You are Asking For: Before speaking to a doctor about getting a procedure, it is a good idea to do your own research about how procedures are done, what they cost, and what results you might expect. Surgery is not to be taken lightly.
The good news is that excellent plastic surgery is available in many places. If you do your homework and find a clinic that has a good reputation. You should be able to find out once and for all if you can make the change you have been dreaming about.