Not everybody knows that glaucoma is not a single eye problem, but a group of diseases that comes together to damage the optic nerve in the eye. Have you ever seen an electric cable at work? The optic nerve is just like the same for your eyes. It allows you to see various things clearly and know the beauty of the world. When the pressure on the inside of the eye begins to rise, the optic nerve automatically deteriorates. When this deterioration takes place, blind spots are noticed right in front of the eyes. Until the nerve is damaged to a large extent, these blind spots are not easily noticed.
The kraff eye institute and other such names are quite popular for assisting patients with glaucoma. But before you visit such an institute, you might want to learn about the symptoms of glaucoma, which are mentioned below:
- Extreme headache or migraine: It might seem like a usual headache or migraine to you, but it surely isn’t if you have glaucoma. If the migraine seems constant and even the medicines give you only a temporary relief, you might want to get your eyes checked as soon as you can.
- Redness in eyes: If your friends have been telling you about the redness in your eyes, or you have been noticing it as the first thing in the morning when you look at yourself in the mirror, it is important for you to visit a good institute to get check your eyes.
- Vomiting: Unless you have vertigo, vomiting without any reason might not be food poisoning only. In severe glaucoma cases, vomiting is also noticed in patients. This can turn from a few times to frequent as well, if the person with glaucoma does not treat himself immediately.
- Nausea: People with glaucoma often go through nausea majority of the times in a day. It is usually followed by vomiting, since people get head spins at times, too.
- Cloudy cornea: If a loved one of yours has a cloudy cornea, it might not be cataract, which can be easily operated. It can be the very first sign of glaucoma, which needs a proper treatment.
- Blind spots: Noticing blind spots usually happens at a severe stage of glaucoma and thus, if you are going through this, you might want to reach out to a good eye institute really soon.